APF Beginners Powerlifting Meet
March 10 & 11, 2018 at 2XL Powerlifting in Lombard, IL
–> Additional info at bottom of this page <–
***NOTE – We have added a Sunday March 11 session***
Instructions for Online Registration:
- Go to the link below, and click “SIGN UP” below “APF Beginners Powerlifting Meet.”
- If you have not used our system before, you will need to create an account.
- MAKE SURE to check to “Join our mailing list” when you create your account as otherwise you will not receive the confirmation email described below (Don’t worry, we will not send you lots of spam emails–you can opt out of our Constant Contact list later if you choose).
- After creating an account, select the package that best represents what you would like to enter at the following link:
- After submitting payment, you should receive an email confirmation–that email will include a link to submit additional registration information.
- If you do not recieve that email, first try checking your junk mail–if you still do not receive it, email Eric Stone and he can resend the link.
Events: Squat + Bench Press + Deadlift
Place: 2XL Powerlifting – 20 Yorktown Convenience Center Lombard, IL 60148
Saturday – 8 a.m. start time, until approximately 5 p.m.
Sunday – 10 a.m. start time, until appproximately 6 p.m.
Who: Any aspiring or current powerlifter with 2 or less sanctioned meets completed
Description: 2XL Powerlifting staff and Team Stone powerlifters will cover everything an aspiring or beginning powerlifter needs to know to compete in a sanctioned powerlifting competition. 2XL and Team Stone includes world-champion powerlifters as well as APF sanctioned powerlifting referees to cover both the technique and strategy of a competing in a powerlifting meet as well as the logisitics and rules of a sanctioned contest.
2XL Staff will start by explaining day-of logsitics of a powerlifting meet, including weigh-ins, scheduling of flights, warm-ups, attempt selection and the flow of a typical meet. The rules, commands, and technique of the squat, bench and deadlift will be explained in a straight forward fashion. From there, each participant work through (3) attempts on each lift in a more informal fashion and pace than in a meet. Each lifter will have a chance to have their technique evaluated by certified judges and coaches. The lifting will take place on 2XL’s competition quality equipment used in many area APF meets (monolift squat racks, competition benches, competition bars). Thus, lifters will have a chance to practice on some of the equipment they may not usually have access.
This event will be sanctioned by the American Powerlifting Federation (APF). All lifters must have a one-peice lifting suit for all lifts. If lifters successfully complete all (3) lifts, they can quality for APF Equipped Nationals June 8-10, 2018 in Lisle, IL.
Saturday Lifters – Fri. 3/9 at 9:00 a.m. or 5:00 p.m., or Sat. 3/10 at 7:00 a.m.
Sunday Lifters – Sat. 3/10 @ 10:00 a.m. or 6:00 p.m., or Sun. 3/11 @ 9:00 a.m.
Cost: $65 + $30 for APF Membership if not already a member.
***All lifters will need to become an APF member in order to participate. You can can pay with your online registration, online on the APF/WPC website right before the event, or at the weigh-ins.***
– Saturday Seminar will be limited to the first 30 registrants.
– Sunday Seminar will be limited to the first 15 registrants.