2XL Intro to Powerlifting: An APF Sanctioned Event
November 18, 2017 at 2XL Powerlifting in Lombard, IL
This event is part seminar, and part sanctioned powerlifting meet. It is designed for a new lifter to powerlifting whom has not competed in a meet, or has only competed in 1-2 meets prior. 2XL Powerlifting staff and Team Stone powerlifters will cover everything an aspiring or beginning powerlifter needs to know to compete in a sanctioned powerlifting competition. 2XL and Team Stone includes world-champion powerlifters as well as APF sanctioned powerlifting referees to cover both the technique and strategy of a competing in a powerlifting meet as well as the logisitics and rules of a sanctioned contest.
2XL Staff will start by explaining day-of logsitics of a powerlifting meet, including weigh-ins, scheduling of flights, warm-ups, attempt selection and the flow of a typical meet. The rules, commands, and technique of the squat, bench and deadlift will be explained in a straight forward fashion.
From there, each participant will warm-up and go through how to work some of the competition equipment like a monolift. Then, being a sanctioned event, each lifter will take (3) official attempts on each lift, but in a more informal environment than a larger, faster-paced competition. APF-certified referees will give feedback to the lifters on the both on following the rules through the lifts as well as technique/form of each lift.
The lifting will take place on 2XL’s competition quality equipment used in many area APF meets (monolift squat racks, competition benches, competition bars). Thus, lifters will have a chance to practice on some of the equipment they may not usually have access.
This event will be fully sanctioned by the American Powerlifting Federation (APF). All lifters must have a one-peice lifting suit for all lifts.
Instructions for Online Registration:
- Go to the link below, and click “SIGN UP” below 2XL Intro to Powerlifting description.
- If you have not used our system before, you will need to create an account.
- MAKE SURE to check to “Join our mailing list” when you create your account as otherwise you will not receive the confirmation email described below (Don’t worry, we will not send you lots of spam emails–you can opt out of our Constant Contact list later if you choose).
- After creating an account, select the package that best represents what you would like to enter at the following link:
- After submitting payment, you should receive an email confirmation–that email will include a link to submit additional registration information.
- If you do not recieve that email, first try checking your junk mail–if you still do not receive it, email Eric Stone and he can resend the link.